We are looking for an enhancement to our small team to set up a brand & marketing strategy for Peru Volunteer. You will be responsible to attract engaged volunteers who are dedicated to continue and extend our great volunteering work. At the interface between organization and local institutions, the goal will be to install a balanced marketing campaign that reflects the values and mission of Peru Volunteer. Volunteering work, Spanish classes and cultural activities will need to be put into an appealing story that motivates people to join our organization and volunteer for the benefit of Peruvian children.
You will be involved in all strategic as well as operational matters of Peru Volunteer. By working alongside the organization, you will be the strategic interface between the Peru Volunteer and the projects’ organizations in Cusco. Key aspects of your work will include:
- Developing the brand strategy for Peru Volunteer further
- Setting up and executing an engaging long-term Marketing strategy
- Strengthening the position of Peru Volunteer online and locally in Peru
- Developing and implementing new activities and projects
- Intensifying the long-term relation between Peru Volunteer, its volunteers and the projects’ organizations
Ideally, you possess a mixture of marketing, brand strategy and social entrepreneurial skills, acquired through prior experience or related studies. You are able to understand and translate social activities into a clear brand position and convert such in an engaging and durable online presence. You are adventurous, creative and passionate about discovering new cultures. You will be a great fit, if you possess the following characteristics:
- Knowledge in (online) marketing and brand strategy
- Understanding of the social business landscape
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Independent and pro-active work attitude
- High level of English and Spanish (all other languages are a pre)
- Passion for social work in an underdeveloped country
- A unique opportunity to enhance your marketing and social business skills
- A position that gives space to take on responsibility by working independently across tasks
- Development opportunities for personal and professional growth in a small and personal organization
- A cultural immersion in Cusco, one of the major cities in Peru
- The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Peruvian children
- A local salary and free accommodation
Peru Volunteer is a small organization that works from inside Peruvian institutions in the fields of Education and Sports. With the help of volunteers, we are assisting these institutions where possible, helping them to structure their activities. Our long-term goal is stability and quality in all our projects. Therefore, we are looking for a constant stream of engaged volunteers, so all activities can be as continuously as possible. Peru Volunteer has a volunteer house in Cusco and closely collaborates with various projects and a small Spanish school.
Please send us your full application (CV, letter of motivation and possible references) to email@example.com. We review applications on a rolling basis and therefore advise that you apply as soon as possible.